Thursday, April 26, 2012

No Right To Bare Arms




                                             Friends don't let friends forearms flap socially!

There comes a point in every woman's life when Mother Nature, gravity and lack of exercise results in the forfeiture of the right to "bare arms".

My upper arms haven't been on parade since the early nineties.   It took a photo with a friend at a neighborhood picnic for me to face the facts.  When your forearm becomes the focal point of the picture it is time for a sleeve. Stat!

Of course, there are many who have not had the fat arm epiphany and continue to parade around sleeveless.  I don't know how they do it.

They are apparently friendless, motherless and without a camera.  I have a best friend that is honest with me and I am honest with her with regards to fashion, men and life in general.  She pointed out the fat arm picture of me and I stopped her from buying a velour track suit in 1999.  That's what friends are for.

So ladies grab a camera, a friend or your mom and have a heart to heart about the upper arms in your life.  

No comments: