Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Beagle And The Bed Battle

I have a seven year old beagle named Hoosier that can do magic.  He can make his 28 pound body take up 80% of a queen size bed.

Every night we start out with him at the bottom of the bed and every morning I wake up crammed into the corner with him all stretched out and snoring.  I am not sure how it happens but he becomes rather annoyed when I begin to move around in bed and complain. He is a bit like Snoopy and thinks he is way too cool for humans and we are just something he tolerates.

When the kids were little and they would sleep with me I would often find them on the floor with their pillow and blanket in the morning.  When questioned they would explain that Hoosier pushed them out of the bed.

I would try to get him his own room since we have several spare ones but he refuses to sleep anywhere but with me when I am home.

Tonight I think I am going to build a pillow barrier and see if I wake up in the morning in the fetal position or if I still have room to stretch my legs out and allow the blood to circulate through them.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Funny how that happens! We have the same problem with Beamer!

PS: Your blog is great but love to see a photo of the culprit on here!

Unknown said...

This is my ideal site because whenever I come here to visit I always get the new things from here. florida family insurance