Friday, March 23, 2012

When The Kids Are Away....

DISCLAIMER:  I love my kids.  They are wonderful, smart, funny and I love spending time with them.  This blog can not be used against me in an shape, form or fashion.

Ashley is away at college and Michael is going to Spain/France for nine days. (Please see blog about the fact my children aren't spoiled but "well taken care of.")

I will be free from all the obligations of parenthood for nine days.  Whatever shall I do with myself?

Once I get over the hysteria of Michael boarding an airplane without me I am sure I will be able to come up with a few things to do.

First, and this sounds boring, but I will enjoy being able to work as late as I want without feeling like Michael is sitting home in the dark hungry with a single tear sliding down his check.  Mother's guilt is a vicious thing.

Second, I am looking forward to organizing my house.  When I say organize I mean walk around with a big glass of wine and look at various rooms and say "I really need to organize this house."

Next, I am going to have a party.  I am going to drink a pink martini and talk with my friends without my kids rolling their eyes and implying with their looks of disdain "what kind of mom does that?" because we are loud and having fun.

I am going to dance around my house and sing (off key) at the top of my lungs to all the songs from the eighties.  There is a possibility that I may wear headset and do the whole Brittany Spears thing.  That depends entirely on how many glasses of wine I have had.

Basically I am going to do the exact opposite of what I used to do when my parents would go out of town.  Back then I pretended I was a grown up and now I am going to spend the week pretending just for a little while that I am not.

No comments: