Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mrs. Eller Goes To Washington - Part Two

Ashley and I finally arrived in the nations' capitol.  It was a perfect uneventful drive.  When I say uneventful I mean the Pennsylvania Turnpike is the most boring stretch of highway I have ever encountered.  I understand now why the Amish population is so large here...there are no temptations.  I actually ran out of diet coke at one juncture and I seriously considered calling Road Side Assistance.

We are spending the night at the Georgetown Inn in the heart of Georgetown.  We spent the evening walking around and window shopping in all the stores that sell wares we can't afford. It was fun....as fun as walking around feeling poor can be. To prove you don't need money , just chocolate to be happy we went in search of something to satisfy our sweet tooth.

We found the answer to all the worlds' problems at Sprinkles, the famous cupcake store that is featured in the reality show Cupcake Wars.

If you ever want to be truly happy or able to fake it with accuracy, get a job here.  These are the happiest sales people I have ever met.  I don't know if they are on a perpetual sugar high or extremely well paid but they are happy,happy,happy.

Back now lounging in the hotel with cupcakes and trying not to be nervous about tomorrow.  How I went from being home on Monday to being in D.C. on Thursday on television is still a bit fuzzy.  Sometimes you just have to grab life by the "cupcakes" and take a risk.

Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

April said...

Love you Kim! I'm glad you're having fun on your road trip! I want to hear about it when you return to work, have a blast...

P.S. I love the picture of you with cupcakes, maybe you can model with mine one day? lol