Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mrs. Eller goes to Washington

Sunday night I was browsing Facebook when I noticed a post on the Glamour Belles page.  Glamour Belles is a new reality show on Lifetime that takes place in formal wear shop in a little town in Tennessee.  The kids and I had stopped in to meet the gang on our last trip down south and fell in love with them.

The post said they needed models for a segment they were taping in Washington D.C. on Thursday morning  I shot Paige the owner a quick message jokingly asking if there was an age limit.  She said no and to send a photo but the PR firm would be choosing the winner so she had no input in the decision.

I sent my photo and an email and promptly rolled over and went to sleep.

The next day at work I received a message on my phone that I had been chosen and would need to be in D.C. on Wednesday night and the segment would tape on Thursday morning.  I was shocked and excited.

So off the D.C. I am heading.  Instead of flying, Ashley and I are driving so she could be a part of the adventure as well.  It will be a nice mother/daughter road trip since she leaves for college in a month.

Just goes to show you that you never know what is going to happen and you should always be willing to take a risk.

I will fill you in on all the details as soon as I return.  Wish me luck!.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck - that's awesome Kim. <3 di