Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hello, my name is Kim....

Hello my name is Kim and I am addicted to ribbon and all things shiny.  Whew! they say the first step is admitting you have a problem so I am well on my way to recovery.

Last night I was walking into Michael's Craft Store talking to my friend Jennifer on the phone.  Jennifer asked me to check to see if they had baseball pennants (FYI she needs to be at the Crafters Anonymous Meeting with me. ) Keep in mind I was having this conversation as I was entering the store.  Do you think I remembered to check for her?  NOOOO!!!  I was drawn into the land of "Look I Could Make That" and never came back to reality.

Everywhere my eyes landed there was ribbon which to me is like a really pretty form of crack.  You start out telling yourself you will just buy one spool of ribbon that you really need and before you know it your are hiding it under your bathroom sink.

It was so shiny and beautiful I was overwhelmed.  I could see myself making Ashley headbands, scrap booking with it, tying it on everything I own and wrapping presents with all the beautiful colors. Then I turned the corner to the pink ribbon section and I actually squealed out loud and scared a small child.

This crafting, ribbon, shiny thing addiction looks harmless but it's serious folks.  If I showed you my ribbon "collection" you would be appalled.  I am appalled and it's my ribbon collection.

In my defense (or as they say in rehab my denial) I am always prepared to wrap a gift any time of the day or night. How can something so pretty be a problem? Oops, maybe I should head back to step one....

1 comment:

Michigan Senior Home Healthcare said...

Great Blog! I will tell my friends about this post. I appreciate you taking the time to write this