Sunday, June 15, 2008

Farewell to Tim Russert

On Friday one of my favorite men passed away. For those of you that don't know him Tim Russert was the head of the Washington Bureau for NBC. He's the guy with the white dry erase board that always made elections so much fun. He has such a passion for politics that you couldn't help but be excited right along with him. He was funny and by all appearances kind and loving. I enjoyed every day I spent watching him and will dearly miss watching him this historic election season. I think in a way he reminded me of my friend Dewey. Dewey and I have always enjoyed volleying back and forth our thoughts in the area of politics. It's fun , it never gets out of hand and I always leave the table with food for thought.

This political season is one for the history books and it just won't be the same without Tim. I cried when I heard he had passed and I never even met him. I am quite certain that I am just one of millions that felt they knew him. and loved him. He will be missed.

No comments: