Sunday, June 15, 2008

OMG....am I ready for this??????!!!!!!!

Well after much anticipation and cash outlay tomorrow is the big day!! Ashley and I are leaving for Down Under. I just hope I don't end up down under... I was cool as a cucumber until I woke up this morning. I opened my eyes and my first thought was OMG I am going to be on another continent by this time Wednesday. Nothing like that thought to wake you up in a hurry. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited about being in Australia but not so much about getting to Australia. It could have something to do with the fact that Steve has been telling me for a year that I wouldn't be able to handle the 9 hour trek to New Zealand from Los Angeles. Of course once you are on the flight there aren't many options that don't involve an Air Marshall and a thorough cavity search so I think I will survive. In all fairness to Steve, we have been traveling together for twenty years and he knows that while I am certainly not afraid to fly it takes an pharmaceutical army to get me thru it. I need dramine, decongestants and ear planes. The ear planes are little devices that keep your ears from popping during take-off and landing. Otherwise I spend the first two days of the trip talking really loud and constantly shouting, "What did you say?". Not so much fun for your companions.

We will be traveling with a group of eighteen students and nine adults so at least we are not out numbered too badly. All the kids going are really good kids and I look forward to getting to know them better. Most of them I met during the musical and they are tons of fun.

Here are the websites of the two places we will be staying. www.holidaycity.com/strand-chateau.com and www.maestri@theoaksgroup.com.au. Ashley will be spending six days with a host family and hanging out with their friends while the adults will be relaxing at one of the hotels. Sounds like fun!!!

A very special thanks to Steve who funded for the most part the trip and allowed me to go even though he has always wanted to see Australia. Thanks also to the grandparents that made a sizable contribution to the cause to allow for spending money and all kinds of other goodies yet to be purchased. We love all of you very much.

As for Michael, every time I tell him that I am going to miss him and ask him if he will miss me he justs breaks into the song, "Freedom". Ha Ha very funny!!!! We'll see if he is singing a different tune when I return. As a mom I sure hope so...



Say a prayer for us and keep us in your thoughts. I will blog as often as possible.

No comments: