Wednesday, July 18, 2012

News Teasers

Yesterday as I was watching television I was informed that something I was feeding my family for dinner could be deadly.  Of course they didn't tell me what it was just that it was really horrendous and I should tune in at six to find out what it was.

That was all well and good except it was four in the afternoon and I would be serving dinner before six.  What if the very thing I had purchased to make was the "deadly" killer.

They do this to me all the time.  Those damn teaser commercials that say things like "Is your house making you fat?".  Now I know good and darn well my house is making me fat because I spend too much time in it laying on the bed or the couch.  I don't need a special report to tell me that but it intrigues me nonetheless.  I begin to wonder if these fat thighs of mine were really because my living room was painted the wrong color.  Wouldn't that be lovely?

Turns out that if I paint my kitchen yellow it is supposed to make me less hungry.  Funny I have never been about to take the ice cream out of the freezer and put it back because my kitchen was yellow.  My walls are bright yellow and I can eat the heck out of a box of Girl Scout cookies while staring right at them.

I am always lured in by the teasers  because what if this time they really do have something to tell me that is going to change my life.  But I guess that would be more of a breaking news stores than a wait until later story.

If I sucked it my gut as often as I get sucked into these newscast I could probably paint my kitchen any color I wanted.


No comments: