Saturday, April 14, 2012

Memory Loss Foot Injury

Two day ago I tripped and hurt my foot.  This occurred because I have such a bad memory.  Let me explain.

I was letting my overindulged dog outside for the umpteenth time, trying to talk on my cell phone and grab the dog lead when the door well appeared out of nowhere and twisted my left foot in a way that the good Lord never intended it to be twisted.

Why weren't you on your very expensive blue tooth device you purchased for your phone you ask?

Well because I can't remember where I put it when I put it somewhere safe so  I wouldn't forget where it was.

Some people (who shall remain nameless because I love them) were giving me hard time about the condition of my van/apartment on wheels. Instead of cleaning it out I ordered a Groupon to have it detailed.  The detail people wanted everything out of the van which I thought was funny because after I did all that I could have just done it myself.  (Now I just have a big pile of stuff in my garage) I always keep my blue tooth device in my van because if I bring it into my home I can't remember to retrieve it every morning.

I vividly remember thinking that I should put it somewhere safe so I could get to it when I needed it.  I think it was in my purse but that was three purse changes ago so who knows which one I was carrying. I think I have figured out that it is in the black and pink purse but every time I remember that tidbit of valuable information I am not at home.

I am at home now but my foot hurts too badly to get up and scavenge in my closet for the purse.  By the time my foot feels better I will have forgotten to look for it.

So if I had a decent memory I could have been talking on my blue tooth device and had both hands free for the lead and would not be using crutches and sucking on Vicodin.

I didn't know when they said "The mind is a terrible thing to waste" that they were talking to me.

No comments: