Monday, March 19, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey

I was listening to a group of ladies talking a few weeks ago about a book they were reading and I mentioned to them that I had heard it mentioned on the Today Show.  One of them piped up and said "Oh, you have to read it."

Fifty Shades of Grey sounded like a book about getting older but by their embarrassed giggles I thought it must have something to do with spicing up your sex life during menopause.

I downloaded it on my new Kindle (Thank you Brad!) and started reading.  It began with a story about a young girl graduating college and I thought it was going to follow her through her life and end with her having hot flashes and coloring her hair.

About two chapters in I began to realize that there was much more to this book than I realized and the nervous giggles of the ladies resounded in my head.

It deals with a young girl falling in love with a very troubled but gorgeous millionaire.  He is into the world of dominant and submissive behavior.  While I had heard of this type of thing I was not privy to the specifics of the lifestyle.

I could not put this book down.  I closed it a couple of times and thought "oh my goodness" but had to open it just to see what would happen next.  The intrigue is that this girl that could be any one of us yet she is considering something so out of the norm.

Pick it up. Read it and be enlightened, intrigued and captivated.  When you do drop me a comment and let me what you thought and why you couldn't put this book down.

No comments: