Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cruise Wear Crisis

Several months ago I scheduled a cruise to the South Caribbean.  At the time my mind was filled with visions of being a few sizes smaller and having muscular toned arms.   I could just see myself on the beach looking amazing in a big hat with a sexy bathing suit and an umbrella drink. That is what the magic of the cruise website does for you.

Fast forward to one month before the trip after a few too many Christmas cookies.  The only vision I have is the one in my dreams where the Slim Fast can keeps chasing me up and down the beach. My arms flapping in the wind as I try to run away.

I don't know why I thought I was going to make such a life altering transformation over the holidays.  I am a sucker for a Christmas cookie and allergic to the treadmill.  Not a great combination.

The body I have is more conducive to a cold climate where the turtleneck and long pants are the staples of your wardrobe. My physique screams out for a cardigan and a scarf.

Shape aside I have skin that you can see my vascular system through and I don't tan very well.  Doesn't that sound lovely?  I have no fear of being featured in the next Carnival cruise video.

But the good news is I am 46 and I have come to the conclusion that this is the body I have and I am not going to let my flabby arms and pasty skin interfere with my ability to have a good time.  I will find a cute cover up and layer the sunscreen and hope that everyone around me is drinking ....heavily. Cheers!






No comments: