Friday, December 9, 2011

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

Ever say something and wish you hadn't?  Even wanted to the floor to open so you could crawl inside?  Well it happened to me today at work.

I was sitting in the rehab gym with a patient when a very handsome younger man walked by.  He was dressed professionally and had a badge on so I assumed he was a new therapist that had come to help us out with our heavy caseload.

I turned to my friend that was sitting beside me and said "My goodness, he's was hot.  I won't mind looking at him all day at work. Who is he?"

She  turned to me and said "That is my sixteen year old son. He is volunteering here."

Open floor , insert Kim.

Luckily for me she was laughing when she said it and she agreed that he looks MUCH older than sixteen.  She also agreed that he is a very handsome young man.

When will I learn to not share every thought I have?  Probably never.  My old pastor would tell me I just say what everyone else is thinking.  But I think that was just his way of making me feel better about what ever crazy thing I had said that day.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.  I will either redeem myself or stick my foot in my mouth.  Given my track record I would say put your money on the latter.

No comments: