Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Lion King VS The Lion's Game

For  a few minutes this weekend I thought I had my little boy back.  When I asked him what he was doing he said "watching the Lion King" or so I thought.  I was so excited!  I love the Lion King and I could just see us snuggled up watching it together.

I prepared a lunch and carried it downstairs ready to spend some time with my son and see Simba and the gang.

As I descended the stairs to the basement I was in for a big surprise. There was no Lion King with happy music and quirky characters, just the Lions game.  Big difference.

I said " I thought you were watching the Lion King?" and he looked at me like I had three heads.Had I wanted to spend time with him so badly that I was hearing things?

That is when I realized that my bitty baby wasn't coming back.  There would be no more Disney snuggle fests. He was fast becoming a grown up guy and Sunday afternoons were going to be about sports and not movies with mom.

I stayed down stairs and watched the Lions and had lunch.  He looked at basketball shoes online and when he picked out a pair I promptly pulled out my credit card and purchased them.  We might not have Simba but we would always have shopping.  Some things will never change. 

No comments: