Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Hips Don't Lie

Last night for the first time in a very long time I had the house all to myself.  I cranked my Ipod and tried to get through as many songs as I could while I did laundry.

I will admit that me dancing around the living room was most likely not a pretty sight but let me tell you I was dancing my butt off for about two hours....until the teens came home.

It felt good to just dance around uninhibited with no concern for eye rolling or comments like "you are so weird".  I love my kids but sometimes as a mother and a dancer you can only take so much criticism before you snap.

All was good with the world when I went to bed but when I woke up about four a.m. I thought someone had broken into our home and was stabbing me in both hips.  It didn't take me long to realize that while I was not actually being stabbed there were stabbing pains.  

Apparently my desire to dance around gyrating and shaking my hips was much greater than my capacity.  The "gyrating" muscles were not in good shape.  After downing a few too many Alieve I laid back down thoroughly disgusted with my body. How dare it punish me for feeling young and happy for a few hours.  Then I worried that there might come a time when I would be unable to dance around for hours.  Had I passed my good ole days all ready?

I have decided that I will not give in and concede.  I will crank my music and dance until my little heart (God I hope it isn't wearing out too) is full.  Hips be damned!  As long as there is Alieve I will continue my quest to dance through all 671 songs on my Ipod, I will just remember to take the drugs before I go to bed.