Wednesday, July 28, 2010

There is something so wrong with this story.

This week in Pennsylvania a mother was issued a citation for harassment. She was found guilty of cleaning her 26 year old sons bathroom with his toothbrush and then replacing it in the holder.

The mother stated that the bathroom had not been cleaned in two months. Appalled by this action her son called the police to file a complaint. SERIOUSLY!?

In my opinion the police should have whacked the son over the head, told him to move out and get a life, clean his bathroom before he gets a disease and quit whining , go to Target and get a new toothbrush.

There is something terribly wrong with this picture when the mother is being charged with harassment. I didn't even know parents could get charged with for harassing their kids. If mine get word of this , the Oakland County Sheriffs Department will have to hire a full time deputy to handle all their complaints. My son Michael thinks me wanting to know where he is at all times is the ultimate form of harassment. I tell him that any good parent needs to at least know where to have the search and rescue team send out the dogs in case their child doesn't return home.

I don't think harassment is the right word for what happened. I think the word we are looking for is "hint". If someone is using your toothbrush to clean your bathroom they are either trying to tell you that you are a filthy pig and/or it is time for you to move out.

Either way I think she should at least get some points for telling him before he used it to brush his teeth.

No comments: