Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Ashley

Tomorrow my baby girl turns sixteen. Where has all the time gone? Sixteen years ago tonight I was oblivious to just how much I would love her. I was a 28 year old woman who had all the answers. I didn't need anyone to come and stay with me after the birth because I thought I would most certainly be capable of caring for a baby. Twenty four hours later I was holding her and realizing that I had absolutely no idea what I was doing.

The last sixteen years have flown by in some aspects but there are so many memories of Ashley that it seems like she has always been with me. I look at her at wonder how that little baby turned into such a remarkable woman. I have gone from wondering if she would keep breathing if I accidentally fell asleep to looking forward to all the great things she will experience in the years to come. No longer afraid she can't breathe without me but a little afraid of how my life will be when she makes her way into the world. I could blog forever about how wonderful she is and how full she makes my heart. I am so thankful for every moment of the last sixteen years and I am looking forward to spending the rest of my life cherishing my daughter.

No comments: