Sunday, May 18, 2008

OMG , am I ready?

In less than three weeks I will be traveling to Australia with Ashley and her choir. Have I planned ahead? NO!!! All I have is a passport and a good attitude. As I laid in bed I began to have all these nagging thoughts and started to get a little freaked out.

1. What if I get the dreaded Travelers diarrhea?

2. What if I get there and there is no diet coke? Me, no diet coke, seventeen teenagers and a twelve day journey has international incident written all over it.

3. Logistics.....I once got lost driving to my dads. I drove four hours and ended up in a hotel 45 minutes from our house.

4. What if my roomie snores louder than I do?

5. My friend Tara says when you travel internationally you should dress in muted colors and try not to draw attention to yourself. Hello...have you met me? I don't think muted colors is going to help me. Plus , life may not be worth living without chunky jewelery and a pink metallic purse.

6. I took Ashley to the ballpark the other night and it was like taking a newborn. She needed her feet up , she needed a snack, she needed a blanket, the sun was in her eyes, blah, blah, blah. If she is this high maintenance in Australia I am coming back alone and sticking with the story that the dingo ate my baby.

7. What if I have bad Aussie karma because I am always joking that "maybe the dingo ate your baby?". Damn that Elaine on Seinfeld.

8. What do I pack? I usually take a huge bag for a weekend. I am a firm believer that if the flight goes down I should be able to make myself at home on a deserted island and still be able to exfoliate and pluck my eyebrows. I pack for the long haul for the short haul.

9. What if I lose my good tweezers? My friend Tara had that happen once and she has never been quite the same.

10. Who will navigate the 11 year old girls of Michigan through Michael's weekly break ups and drama?

You see it is all very complicated and worrisome. So many trivial details and so little time to really freak out about them. Ya'll pray for me. Ya'll pray for the Aussies!!

No comments: