Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Body Pillow Breakup

I had a one night stand with my body pillow and now I am going to have to end our relationship.  I am really not that kind of girl but it has to be done.

Like most things I spent way too much time obsessing about whether or not I wanted a body pillow.  I think nothing of dropping hundreds of dollars on my kids or on Christmas ornaments but something just for me that cost a whopping ten dollars was a different story. There was also the space issue and the fact that it needed a special pillow case.

Last week I happened upon one on sale and decided to take the plunge.  The fact that I have spent so much time thinking about a pillow is further proof that I need to seriously consider getting a life.  That is however a topic for another blog.

At bedtime I settled in with my new pillow complete with a soft microfiber cover and thought for sure I had made the right decision. One leg over the pillow and I was sleeping like a baby with my spinal column perfectly aligned. I didn't however take into consideration how many times a night I roll over or that my 30 pound beagle would be laying right beside me.

I spent most of the night trying to preposition the body pillow from side to side and around the dog. Every time I moved the pillow the dog would sigh and give me a dirty look.  I would have gotten more rest if I had slept with a drunk monkey.

By morning I was exhausted from wrestling with my new pillow. No matter how cute and soft it was I knew I wasn't going to be able to commit to sleeping with it every night.   

I must confess that I haven't been that disappointed in quite some time.  Of course one of my children has already claimed it.  For all you people that think my kids have everything, you were wrong.  All they were missing was a body pillow.  

No comments: