Thursday, December 29, 2011

Love The Magic, Not The Mess

The stocking still hung by the chimney with care, even though St. Nick had all ready been there.

Why hasn't anyone ever written a poem about the after Christmas chaos?  Where are the carols to motivate me to put away all the glittery ornaments?

Every year I vow to put away everything in an organized fashion complete with photos of all the magic I have created.  I will put labels on the garland so that I don't have to play the guessing game of which bunch goes on which banister.  The Christmas cards and all the items I will need to start the holiday will be in a separate tote labeled "Open at Thanksgiving".   Doesn't that sound all HGTV?

Unfortunately, my packing looks more like an episode of Hoarders. I end up tossing all the glitter into totes as quickly as possible.  The Christmas cards are placed in a tote that won't be opened until it is too late to use them. You can be certain that next year the garlands will be just as much of a mystery as they were this year.

I have come to the conclusion that I am much better at making the magic than I am at keeping it organized.

No comments: