Thursday, November 17, 2011

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Last night my daughter Ashley decided to come home a day early and surprise me.  It was a great surprise and I was very happy to see her.  The only problem was that several of her Christmas presents were out on the kitchen counter.  Oops!

Now I know the surprise element is not as important now that Santa is out of the picture but I am a person who  as I have stated before really loves gift giving.  I like to find gifts that are meaningful and that make an impact.  I think long and hard and try to make each gift special.

This makes my friend Tara crazy.  She says that anyone who marries one of my kids is going to find it impossible to live up to my constant "making their life wonderful" mentality.  I say they (especially Michael) just have to find someone like their mother to marry and there won't be any problems.  Sounded reasonable to me but I am quite sure I heard Tara gagging on the other end of the line.  That's what happens when a Pollyanna and a realistic become best friends.

So now I am off to find a few other amazing gifts to wow Ashley with and you can be sure I will be hiding them as soon as they are purchased.


No comments: