Saturday, January 8, 2011

Teen Momma Drama

One of my favorite shows is "Teen Mom" on MTV. I don't quite know why I am so attracted to the drama but I have become hooked on the lives of these girls.

There are so many times I want to just shake them. They are 16 and having babies and have no idea what they are doing. I have thought so many times about what piece of advice I would give them if I could only give them one.

After much thought I have decided that the best piece of advice I could give each of them is.....IF YOU HAVE SEX WITH A STUPID BOY HE WILL NOT GET SMARTER AFTER YOU GIVE BIRTH!!!!!!

They all seem to think that after the baby is born their lip pierced, video playing, unemployed boyfriends will suddenly become great dads and husbands. Of course it only takes them about fifteen minutes after they cut the cord to realize that their Romeo has not changed and their lives are never going to be the same.

I know there is no way to make them think differently. I was 28 , married and college educated and was not prepared for motherhood. It's hard at any age but at 16 you aren't prepared to manage your own life much less ready to create and manage another one.

No comments: