Sunday, August 8, 2010

Discombobulated

Discombobulated. That is the best word I can use to describe my summer. Everything we own is in the wrong spot. We own way too much stuff.

It is amazing what you accumulate in seven years in a home and 20 years in a marriage. I have come to realize that I own a lot of "just in case" items.

I have several drawers of Lycra garments. I would have to attend formal occasions every night for the next month to utilize them all. Whenever I need to play dress up and go out with the grown-ups, I feel the need to purchase more control top garments. I guess I am just looking for a way to shed 20 pounds in five minutes (that's about how long it takes me to squeeze into said garments). Just so you know..they don't work and usually call for a shortened evening because I am losing the circulation in my legs.

I have clothes to paint in. I haven't adorned clothes and picked up a paint brush since 1999. We have a great guy, Don Gapp, that does all our painting. He is meticulous and wonderful which are two things I am not when it comes to painting. Still I hold onto the painting clothes just in case I want to shimmy up a ladder and slap some paint on something.

Pajamas are one of my biggest downfalls. I love pajamas! If I become incapacitated for an extended period of time I am all set in the pj department.

I think it is time to take a good look at what I really need to live and what I need to let go of and move on. Come along for my journey and share with me something you hold onto "just in case".

No comments: