Monday, June 2, 2008

Sex and the City

Thursday night my friend Lori and I became young and adventurous!! We got tickets to a Sex and the City party at midnight. We would be some of the first to see the movie , drink Cosmos and munch on popcorn. Of course this kind of fun doesn't come without a price at our age and we knew when the alarm went off at 6 a.m. we would be weary but we didn't care.

We had a blast!! We waited way too long in line for drinks but managed to even have fun doing that. I won third place in the sexiest shoe contest with my original Sex and the City shoes designed by moi!! I won a Sex and the City shirt and a PINK compact with the logo on it. I was very excited because as most of you know I love pink. I will buy almost anything pink so imagine how much fun it is to get something pink for free.

I loved the movie!!! For me it was like getting together with really good friends again and I never wanted it to end. But it did end and Lori and I headed home without our high heels and in our flip flops. Not feeling quite as sexy at 3:00 am. as we had at eleven but we were not sorry we went. I need to do more things like that. When did I start getting so old that sleep became the winner over adventure and spontaneity? Am I going to end up as one of those old people that ALWAYS knows what the weather is because I am always at home watching the news at ten o'clock? God I hope not!!!! So Lori your turn to plan our next adventure. The only requirement is that I have to miss the ten o'clock news.

No comments: