Things I miss about being young
1. I miss my ribs and my hip bones. I didn't give them the reverence they deserved when I could see them and now it's too late. I fear they are gone forever.
2. I miss my breasts being in the same spot all the time. I now know why God created armpits....that's where your breasts go when you lie on your back after you turn forty.
3. I miss being able to bound out of bed. Ok, for those of you that know me know that I never bounded out of bed but it was because I love to sleep and not because my joints wouldn't cooperate.
4. I miss being able to stay up past eleven o'clock and not feel like I have been run over by a Mac truck the next day.
5. I miss being able to read small print without squinting and holding it three feet from my face.
6. I miss eating spicy foods and not worrying about GAS!! Did I have gas before 40? If so I don't remember it being so "prevalent".
7. I miss Steve being the only one in the house with the potential for a mustache.
8. I miss my original hair color. Whatever that was.
9. I miss my kids thinking I was smart and wonderful all the time.
10. I miss believing my parents would live forever.
11. I miss thinking I had all the answers all the time.
These are just a few of the things I miss. Some of them I could get back with a huge amount of money and a good plastic surgeon. Others are gone forever. But I will keep squinting, limping and coloring and be thankful my list is only eleven items long.