Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I have a dream

that one day I will ask my children to do something and they will take action and not attitude. I have a dream that I will be judged as a mother not by how many loads of laundry I have done or slurpees I have purchased but my the number of hours I was in labor. I have a dream that when my children see my dog sitting at the back door with his legs crossed that they will take pity on his bladder and let him outside. I believe (foolishly) that one day my children will not fight over who started it and who passed the first lick but will turn in this moment of fury and see their mother's emotional state is teetering toward a three day psych hold. I dream of the day when surrouded by more electronics that we had in my entire childhood town that my children will not have the nerve to come to me and say "I'M BORED" But the dream I dream most is that one day I will ask my children the dreaded question, "Did you brush your teeth" and they will smile showing off their 6,000 dollars with of orthodontia work that have been not only brushed but flossed as well and say Yes, dear mother, YES!!!!!

No comments: